Remote gambling includes gambling online, by interactive television or by mobile phone.
The advice below is designed to help anyone gambling remotely:
- Keep track of the time that you spend playing
- Keep track of the amount you spend playing - remind yourself that it is real money!
- Avoid chasing your losses
- If you're a parent keep your password safe, and if you wish, use software to block access to gambling sites from minors
- Look for sites with options where you can set your own spend and session limits, which can help you to control your gambling
- Look for the GamCare Certification logo, showing that the operator of the site has been audited by GamCare Trade Services and complies with their codes of practice for remote operators (please note that the GamCare logo on its own does not signify that the operator has sought advice from GamCare on social responsibility or player protection)
If you are having a problem then you can ask to be self-excluded from the site. There is also software that blocks access to all online gambling sites. See www.gamblock.com or www.netnanny.com for more details.