Working for GamCare
Marketing & Communications Internship
GamCare is the national organisation for problem gambling treatment, advice, education and support. We are looking for an intern to assist with developing GamCare’s Marketing and Communications work.
We are a small team with big ideas. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys using their initiative and taking a pro-active approach.
Ideally we are looking for someone to work 2 days a week for a period of 3-6 months however alternative arrangements will be considered. Expenses will be provided.
This internship will provide a great opportunity to develop essential marketing and communications skills and experience of working in a dynamic third sector organisation.
- Gather stories and information relevant for GamCare and monitor media coverage about GamCare
- Social Media: Monitor and update the GamCare Facebook and Twitter pages
- Assist with developing the Google Ad Words account
- Manage, update and write blog posts
- SEO work for GamCare’s newly launched website www.bigdeal.org.uk
- Write articles to raise awareness of GamCare
Responsibilities may also include assisting with additional marketing and communications work as required.
Desirable skills and competencies
- Ability to plan, organise and manage a variety of tasks
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and take a pro-active approach
- A good understanding of online communities – experience of using Facebook and Twitter. Ideally some experience of using Google Ad Words although training will be provided
- Interest and commitment to GamCare’s work
The internship offers the following opportunities
- Develop marketing, communications and project management skills
- Become an integral part of GamCare’s Marketing and Communications team
- Gain experience of working for a leading charity
- Skills to enhance your CV
- Experience in developing and completing successful marketing and communications projects
For further information please contact Ruth Halahmy firstname.lastname@example.org