GamCare does not wish to restrict the choices or opportunities for anyone to operate, or take part in, gambling activities that are legally available in the UK. However, we ask that you keep the following simple messages in mind when you gamble.
We want people to enjoy their recreation and spare time, but do not forget that being responsible is key to staying safe, out of trouble and making sure things remain fun.
- You’re buying fun, not investing your money
- Before playing, set strict limits on how much time and money you’re going to spend
- Quit while you’re ahead
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Don’t spend more money on gambling with the hope to win back money that you have lost
- Keep up other interests and hobbies – don’t let gambling take over your life
- Don’t gamble in order to escape from stress or boredom
- Gambling in moderation is okay
- The key is… if you choose to gamble, gamble responsibly!
For more information on responsible gambling please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk