GamCare Logo
Login / Register

chasing my losses

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted by
Messages
#1 Posted on:
Thu, 01/03/2018 - 20:43

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

I can write paragraphs after paragraphs and my story will still carry on 

I need to stop chasing my losses cus back of my head I have a calculator that tells me how much I have lost and I need to win that back I can’t get over these feelings for last 10 years and as a problem gambler I have lost almost everything what I had in gambling got under debts but after all that I can’t stop chasing my losses please help me with advice that how do I forget my losses how do I tell myself that I need to quit  and stop chasing my losses and put an end on this curse of gambling thanks 

Posted on:
Thu, 01/03/2018 - 21:49

rupidoda

Joined:
2017-01-27

 

Hi there,

Chasing losses is probably what 99% of us has done, so don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s what the casinos are hoping you will do, it’s how they make this money...not from people that walk away....and this is why the gambling industry is huge. So the question you need to ask yourself is do you want to help these casinos make more profit or do you want to move on and put this all down to a big life experience. This money is gone, remember it’s not yours, and you are not chasing your money, you are actually just giving more money to the casino - even if you win some back, you will gamble it away anyway so you’ll never get it back - it’s how gambling works. I tried to chase a 3k loss, but ended up nearly 35k down in one night - during that period I was winning and losing but would never achieve my target....and I now understand I never will. Whatever you have lost, remember you will never get it back - you may win a bit but you will end up losing a lot more.

It’s difficult to forget the loss and I constantly think about nice holidays and a car I could have bought, and to be honest I sometimes think that I could try my luck again to get even.....BUT remember, casinos are banking on this, they are wanting people like us to weaken and go back...knowing that once we deposit that cash we will keep on doing so....don’t fall for it...be strong, move on and put this down to a money lost as part of a life lesson. It’s not worth the strsss and anxiety, life is much more than money.

 

 

Posted on:
Thu, 01/03/2018 - 22:18

Sonofadam

Joined:
2018-02-28

I just tell myself I bought an expensive sports car worth 250k and crashed it and I have to make the money back to get a new one

 

Posted on:
Thu, 01/03/2018 - 23:18

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

rupidoda wrote:

 

Hi there,

Chasing losses is probably what 99% of us has done, so don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s what the casinos are hoping you will do, it’s how they make this money...not from people that walk away....and this is why the gambling industry is huge. So the question you need to ask yourself is do you want to help these casinos make more profit or do you want to move on and put this all down to a big life experience. This money is gone, remember it’s not yours, and you are not chasing your money, you are actually just giving more money to the casino - even if you win some back, you will gamble it away anyway so you’ll never get it back - it’s how gambling works. I tried to chase a 3k loss, but ended up nearly 35k down in one night - during that period I was winning and losing but would never achieve my target....and I now understand I never will. Whatever you have lost, remember you will never get it back - you may win a bit but you will end up losing a lot more.

It’s difficult to forget the loss and I constantly think about nice holidays and a car I could have bought, and to be honest I sometimes think that I could try my luck again to get even.....BUT remember, casinos are banking on this, they are wanting people like us to weaken and go back...knowing that once we deposit that cash we will keep on doing so....don’t fall for it...be strong, move on and put this down to a money lost as part of a life lesson. It’s not worth the strsss and anxiety, life is much more than money.

 

 

thanks so much I appreciate your advice and your time I means so much to me 

Posted on:
Thu, 01/03/2018 - 23:25

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Sonofadam wrote:

I just tell myself I bought an expensive sports car worth 250k and crashed it and I have to make the money back to get a new one

 

thanks for your advice mate like that way you explained 

Posted on:
Thu, 01/03/2018 - 23:49

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

I watched you tube video via link you provided quite good 

Posted on:
Fri, 02/03/2018 - 14:44

tara2

Joined:
2013-01-27

So true about chasing losses .   I always wanted to start fresh but ultimately ended up, every time, remembering the entire history of losses and greedily continuing to dig deep.  But, we must not forget the smoke and mirrors of the casino and the built in addiction enhancing qualities of the the machines design.  By deciding to breakdown and go to the casino we have already entered the lions den.  tara2

Posted on:
Fri, 02/03/2018 - 23:26

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Only reason I kept gambling it’s chasing my losses I never forgot about my losses and that’s where I went wrong after all them years I could never mentally accepted that money I lost it’s gone writing that amount on a piece a paper and chasing it down never helped me at all thanks for all advices from game care members that sorted my head out 

Posted on:
Fri, 02/03/2018 - 23:31

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

tara2 wrote:

So true about chasing losses .   I always wanted to start fresh but ultimately ended up, every time, remembering the entire history of losses and greedily continuing to dig deep.  But, we must not forget the smoke and mirrors of the casino and the built in addiction enhancing qualities of the the machines design.  By deciding to breakdown and go to the casino we have already entered the lions den.  tara2

thanks for your comments tara2 

Posted on:
Sat, 03/03/2018 - 04:38

movingforward2017

Joined:
2017-11-06

You just have to accept that you’ve lost and can’t ever win in any sort of rematch. Something that angers you, controls you. Find it within yourself to let it go. It’s taken me so long to get to that point and I no longer want to go back and flirt with gambling only to be reminded how terrible it all is, wipe your hands clean of it and move on, my last relapse will be the final time gambling skints me out. 

Posted on:
Sat, 03/03/2018 - 14:02

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Yes worse thing is knowing that money am gambling with it’s to pay for my livings but I just don’t stop till am done with last pennies and that’s what I hate about this gambling 

Posted on:
Sat, 03/03/2018 - 16:36

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Some times I feel myself worse than people on drugs they just need money to feed their addiction and I need money to pay my debts and to feed my addiction at the same time I’ve never realised how I’ve got myself into this deep hole and makes me panic sometimes 

Posted on:
Mon, 05/03/2018 - 06:07

Joeg1

Joined:
2018-02-02

 

 

Rashadmahmood wrote:

I can write paragraphs after paragraphs and my story will still carry on 

I need to stop chasing my losses cus back of my head I have a calculator that tells me how much I have lost and I need to win that back I can’t get over these feelings for last 10 years and as a problem gambler I have lost almost everything what I had in gambling got under debts but after all that I can’t stop chasing my losses please help me with advice that how do I forget my losses how do I tell myself that I need to quit  and stop chasing my losses and put an end on this curse of gambling thanks 

 

Hi mate 

Chasing losses is the reason most of keep going or relapsing, I get the same thing there’s like a constant notification reminder in your head that you’ve lost money and need to get it back. 

It’s so hard just to get that thing out of our heads i was waiting for something in the shop the on Saturday the person said it would be 15 minuets I went and spun 500 quid just like that because there was a bookies on the same strip. And you think cor I ain’t had a win in a while let’s have a go then boom can’t even afford what I was waiting for :/ 

When you feel like the worst there’s people on this forum that help uplift that feeling of being on the ground and alone

Hope you get the help you need

Joe

Posted on:
Thu, 08/03/2018 - 13:10

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Am sorry to all members and to myself I have done it again gambled again but this is the last time am never gonna do it again told myself 100s time before 

Posted on:
Thu, 08/03/2018 - 16:05

Lulubobs1966

Joined:
2015-07-19

Hi Rashadmahmood please don’t beat yourself up learn by your relapse and get back on the wagon you can do this. I haven’t read all your diary but self exclude  and get blocking software, gambling is an insidious disease and we need all the help we can get. Best of wishes Lulu x

Posted on:
Thu, 08/03/2018 - 16:25

Raj

Joined:
2017-07-05

Hi Mate..don’t beat yourself up about this!! Don’t bet again and start a different hobby like the gym..last ne I did. We cannot win the money back. 

Posted on:
Thu, 08/03/2018 - 20:56

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Thanks for your kindness and sympathies I really don’t wanna gamble again and this time am going to stick to my goal am 37 years old today I cried like a 3 years old but I won’t let that happen again to myself thanks so much for everyone for being helpful and kind 

Posted on:
Fri, 09/03/2018 - 00:02

rupidoda

Joined:
2017-01-27

Hi, bit random and may not work for all, but when I relapsed and was feeling sick to the stomach I listened to a particular song that I like but reflected the mood I was in - I now listen to that song on repeat every morning and evening - it reminds me of that sick feeling I had and stops my urges to gamble...when I’ve listened to it a few time and stop I feel relieved that the sick feeling is not because I have actually gambled and lost ....it’s was just a reminder of what I’ve just stopped my self going through. Anyway, as I say bit random and may not work for all but it’s helped me so far to remember why we should never give in to the temptation.

Posted on:
Fri, 09/03/2018 - 01:29

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

Yes I have done it am gamble free and I wish you all good luck towards stop gambling 

Posted on:
Tue, 03/04/2018 - 01:18

Rashadmahmood

Joined:
2018-02-20

I feel myself lucky for understanding this gambling problem and getting the full picture of being a problem gambler circumstances